Food processors have been a godsend to amateur and professional chefs since they were first brought to market in the early 1970’s. They truly help automate some of the more mundane and labor intensive aspects of cooking while helping to keep you a bit safer while dealing with your food prep. The less you have to handle a knife the less likely you are to cut yourself accidentally. The food processor has also seen its share of technological advances in the kitchen.
Today’s machines are not only easy to operate, but they are rather simple to clean as well. Anyone who spends a lot of time in the kitchen should have one of these appliances on their kitchen counter. No matter what type of budget or chef skills you possess, there is sure to be a food processor that is perfect for you.
We decided to do some digging and read through some of the latest food processor reviews on sites like AtHomeDad.com in order to find you some of the best options to help you save some time in the kitchen. Below are some of the top food processor options that should help you fall in love with cooking again by reducing the amount of tedious work that your favorite recipes may require.
It features two bowls: a smaller one of 2.5 cups and a larger one of 16 cups. The one with a capacity of 16 cups translates to 128 ounces. It also features three different blades and five disks.
- Make/Model – It is a professional-grade electronic appliance.
- Capacity – It has a very large feeding chute which makes it ideal for the family unit.
- Versatility – It has an extremely handy accessory box which boosts its versatility.
- Storage Space – It comes along with an extra storage bag for carrying accessories.
- Speed – It is very slow and is thus unsuitable or ventures where speed is an issue such as commercial food processing.
- Rigidity – It is less flexible than other conventional food processing counterparts.
Even with some minor drawbacks the Breville BFP800XL is by far the most modern food processor on the market. That’s because it combines efficiency, power and user satisfaction in a sleek styled package. You can read more on this food processor and see what makes this so popular with owners in their kitchens.
Braun K650 Multiquick
It has a 9-cup bowl capacity alongside several accessories such as universal chopping blade, two shredders, dough hook, citrus juicer, whipping attachment and two slicers.
- Noise – It is has a very quiet motor and is hence suitable for use in public environments since it exerts minimal interference to the surrounding environments.
- Versatility – It is very versatile since it comes along with a wide range of accessories.
- Efficiency – It is very efficient since it combines a high power consumption of 600W and speed.
- Storage Space – It doesn’t come along with extra storage for accessories and hence users have no choice but to make arrangements for extra storage on their own.
In general, Braun K650 Multiquick is a very high quality food processor that has numerous attachments, is affordable and very ideal for creative cooks.
It has a capacity of 9 cups and comes along with a slicing blade, mixing blade, spatula, recipe booklet and a slicing disk. It is very safe for dishwashers.
- Capacity – It has a very large feeding chute.
- Size – It is less bulky, takes up very small storage space and can be stored even on top of counters.
- Power Consumption – It has a motor that runs on 600W of electrical energy making it very efficient.
- Weight – It is much heavier than the food processors of other models.
- Durability – It has a track record of frequent breakdowns and is hence a nuisance to users.
Despite the above shortcomings, Cuisinart DLC-2009CHB is relatively sturdy and extremely reliable. It’s modern style also sets it apart and it fits perfectly into any type of modern kitchen.
Hamilton Beach makes some of the top rated food processors for those on a very tight budget. The 70670 model has a 10-cup capacity, has two blades and a free plastic food container. It is very durable and conducive for machine washers.
- Weight – It is very compact and portable.
- Capacity – It has a very large capacity of ten cups which makes it suitable for large family sizes.
- Size – Owing to its small size, it is very convenient for storage and use.
- Power Supply – Its power supply motor of 500W is of average quality and hence is fairly reliable.
- Reliability – It has registered several incidences of product failures in the past which has tainted its reliability.
On the whole, Hamilton Beach is a very simple and able food processor that is suitable for low income earners given its low prices
Ninja Master Prep (QB900B)
It has two containers made of BPA-free plastic materials. The first container has a capacity of 6 cups whereas the second has a capacity of 2 cups. In addition, it has two cutter sets. It is very safe for dishwashers.
- Price – It is relatively cheap and affordable.
- Use – It is quite ideal for smoothies.
- Maintenance – It is easy to clean and use.
- Power Supply – It has the lowest power consumption of all the major food processing brands. Its motor capacity is just 400W.
- Versatility – It has the least range of uses, since it is mainly designed for smoothies. It therefore does have very low returns on investments.
This is a basic food processing model that has fewer accessories and is primarily designed for the manufacture of smoothies, however it can get the job done if the recipe calls for it.
All of these are great alternatives to slaving over a cutting board with a knife. They all have safety features that will end up saving your fingers in the long run as well. Food processors can end up being a huge convenience that you wished you had started using sooner. If you love to cook, then this is one small appliance that your kitchen needs.